Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 9 of Awesome

Today's awesome thing is brought to you by the letter "D" & the color "pinkish-red."

It's time for another fruit tasting, kids!

 D: "Whoa, it looks more like a dragon teste."

Last week I bought a dragon fruit (aka pitaya) & then promptly forgot I even had it. Oops! Luckily, tonight I remembered & it was still in fairly good shape, so D & I tried it out.

 
 It's really pretty inside.

It smelled good, sort of like a cross between weakly fragranced kiwi & pear. In true fruit-trying style, I look like crap in the following photos (read: passion fruit tasting) because this was about 30 minutes after I got home from work. Bad hair, tired face, sweaty patina. Anyway, you've been warned.

Onto the tasting!

 Hesitantly skeptical.

Being brave because Lord knows I've eaten freakier things (heart, tongue, blood, etc...all delicious, btw)

 Judging...

 Eh.

When asked how it was, I told D, "I'm whelmed by it." Which really is the perfect phrase. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't overly good, either. It tasted like an extremely bland, slightly sweet kiwi, basically. I was definitely into the crunchiness of the seeds, & I liked the texture of the fruit which was juicy yet...potato-ish? Like, it was sort of dry in that it broke easily, but it was definitely juicy too. 


 It was good enough that we both ate our entire halves, which yielded this innard-esque skin.


It also seemed to give us each of touch of madness. Just kidding, we're normally weird.



So, hey, sure, try it out. It's alright. 

Hurray awesome fruit tying!!

1 comment: