Thursday, August 9, 2012

Days 7 & 8 of Awesome

Day 7:

Tuesday suuuuucked. Well, not totally.

I had my banjo lesson, which went alright. I admittedly haven't been practicing enough, & then I get annoyed when I mess up. It's kind of my thing. But my lesson was definitely better than my last (which was immediately after work, on a day that i had been up since 5:30am. never again!), & a couple things finally clicked for me. Also, my banjo teacher has a cute cat & she licked my finger. Meow!

After my lesson I went to work & closed, then came home, stayed up for a bit & then went to bed so I could be up at 5:30 to be back at work at 7am. Oh joy! So, that was my "awesome" Tuesday. But yay for me finally wrapping my head around some banjo techniques, right?

Which brings me to Day 8:

As I just said, I worked 7-3. I actually like that shift, because it flies by & then I actually have the whole day to do things. Often times when I open, by the time 9pm rolls around the only hint that I even worked that day is that I'm a bit sleepy. Not feeling like you worked is always a plus!

After work I lounged for a bit, then started on dinner. The nice part of Wednesday was that for the first time in a few weeks D & I were able to cook & eat dinner together, no interruptions. It was lovely. Then we went out for a scoop of ice cream. Yes! I wrapped up the night by falling asleep while covered in blankets & reading in a nicely air-conditioned bedroom. Ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment